This blog has been created as one of the contracts in Assessment of PBL Block 4.2 Health System and Disaster Medicine. Frankly speaking, this blog is one of the ways that the writer opt as the way to get “A” in the block assessment, after the whole previous block I only receive “fair-to-good” for my CGPA. Anyway, either been accepted or not, this blog surely will ensure me to study, and will be a medium of exchange of knowledge between the readers and me.
The contents of this blog are responsibility of the writer – a mere student of a Medical School. Views and writings in this blog are potpourri of professional views, and/or individual perspectives from the readers and me.

The title of this blog is in English due to limitation of letter. The writer will use English when appropriate. The medium language of this blog is Malaysian version of Malay Language, because my target readers are whom can speak in Malay. The rationales behind my choice of Malay as medium language are:
The contents of this blog are responsibility of the writer – a mere student of a Medical School. Views and writings in this blog are potpourri of professional views, and/or individual perspectives from the readers and me.

The title of this blog is in English due to limitation of letter. The writer will use English when appropriate. The medium language of this blog is Malaysian version of Malay Language, because my target readers are whom can speak in Malay. The rationales behind my choice of Malay as medium language are:
- Extensive explanation and discussion of Health System can be found in millions websites written in English. Rather than refer to my amateur BlogSpot, those who excellent in English will prefer to those sites. I lost my English-mediated readers in competitions, and Malay-mediated readers will not understand me most of the time.
- Nationally, (and internationally, of course) Anglicization dominates information exchange, yet considerable amount of Malaysians especially Malays, use Malay Language as medium of knowledge, resulted from Malay-mediated education system. Some of them have been left behind in global information exchange, and I think it is my responsibility to share my knowledge with those people. I’m not expecting them out of the blue to understand Health System, but at least I help them by translating most of my knowledge in understandable form.
- Malay Language is my mother tongue, and it is comfortable for me to pour ideas boundlessly in Malay. My medium of communication is Malay; ironically, I’m fully realized that my medium of knowledge is English. I afraid much of this transformation (Example: I know what “Bisul” is from my observation and conversation, I know what “abscess” is from medical books, but I just know that Bisul and abscess is same thing, few second ago, and I keep imagine that abscess looks like another thing before this.) I should do something so that I can explain my knowledge in my word, and translation is always an interesting.
At this point, I declare that the main medium of this blog is Malay Language, with wide freedom to use English for better understanding. Those who can speak Malay, understand English, and have knowledge on health system and disaster medicine, please help me to provide better translation when you detect incoherency between English terminology and the choice of word taken from my Malay vocabulary.
No comments:
Post a Comment